Goodness gracious, I haven’t done a beauty post in a WHILE! Since I get asked a lot of questions about the makeup products I use and love, I decided it was time to dish the deets on some of my new (and old) favorites!
1. Sleek Makeup Corrector and Concealer palette in number 01– I’m very particular with my concealers because I have super dark under eye circles and while this concealer palette is very creamy, it has a very light consistency, which means it doesn’t do the best job at hiding dark circles. However, layered with another concealer under, it serves as a nice highlight and because of it’s light consistency it doesn’t get too cakey or heavy.
2. L’oreal BB Cream in Medium– I’ve tried a number of different BB creams in the past and all of them have always failed me– leaving my face feeling really icky and greasy. I was on the verge of ruling out BB creams altogether when I decided to give this one a try and I’m glad I did because I really really love it! It has a super light formula which means I still look fresh faced after having it on pretty much all day and the best part is that it does NOT leave a greasy or oily residue on my face. Another perk is that it primes, corrects, hydrates, and perfects all in one (although I’m still waiting on it to perfect my skin).
3. Vaseline Rosy Lips– Its pink, mini sized, and smells like roses. Need I say more?
4. Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil– This product claims to be “The Pure Miracle” and after using this for several weeks, I’m a believer! Maracuja oil is rich in vitamin C and has lots of essential fatty acids which helps to boost the skin’s radiance. I decided to use this moreso as an eye cream which is why I opted for the rollerball and it has left my skin hydrated, brighter, and the areas and lines around my eyes are noticeably smoother. Seriously, believe every good thing you hear about this product!
5. Essie nail polish in “Madison Ave-Hue”– Its the perfect pink for spring and summer!
6. MAC Mineralized Blush in “Dainty” — I love mineralized blushes because they give you such a pretty glow and this is definitely no exception! The color is just so feminine and gives you the loveliest flush of color.
7. Milani Lipstick in “Creme Nude”– This is my second tube of lipstick in this color and I just can not get enough of it! It is a beautiful opaque pinkish nude and it’s so creamy and glides on so smoothly. Another plus: it smells like watermelons!
8. Too Faced Melted Lipstick in “Melted Nude”– This lipstick is still relatively new on the market but let me tell you, it is simply amazing! The application is easy, the formula is long wearing, and the colors are intense. I’ve since added the “Melted Fuchsia” color to my collection as well and the colors are just so vibrant and pretty.
9. False Lashes– How is it that I am just NOW discovering the magic that is false lashes and what rock have I been living under? I’ve always been intimidated by falsies because I thought the application was just too difficult or I was afraid that the glue would be too messy and consequently ruin my makeup. But finally I decided to suck it up and try them and WOW what a difference they make! I’m obsessed with the instant drama they add to any look– it took me a while, but I’m glad I finally found the light!
10. Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in “Tan Honey”– Although this color is a tad too dark for me (its the closest shade to my skin tone available) I don’t really mind because I really really like the formula. When applied, it gives me flawless full coverage and has a velvety matte finish which leaves my skin looking natural. It’s also paraben and sulfate free and has SPF of 15 which are all the more reasons to love it.
11. L’oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector– Don’t you just love a product that does exactly what it says it will do? I apply just one pump of this serum nightly before bed and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple, not to mention that it has dramatically minimized my pores since I’ve started using it.
Have you tried any of the aforementioned products– if so, what do you think? If not, what are some of your current favorites? Lets talk beauty products! Xo