I probably shouldn’t admit this, considering I run a food and fashion blog, but sometimes when I’m in the kitchen I have absolutely no clue what I’m doing. I usually just take whatever we have in the fridge or pantry, combine the ingredients together and generally hope for the best (luckily, I have the most easy going husband EVER). But in all honesty, not following a specific recipe and instead letting your taste buds direct you can oftentimes lead to a delicious creation and not to mention totally leaving you impressed with yourself. Thus came to life these mouthwatering shrimp lettuce wraps I made for dinner the other night! MmmMmmm I’m drooling all over again just at the thought of them.
Romaine lettuce hearts
Shrimp (or any protein of choice)
Shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
Bell peppers (diced)
Water chestnuts (finely chopped)
Kraft asian toasted sesame salad dressing
—-note: I didn’t include measurements because I didn’t measure anything as I was making these but as aforementioned, let your taste buds direct you!
1. In a bowl, combine shrimp, fresh lime juice, salt, minced garlic and grated ginger. Set aside.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a skillet and add the diced bell peppers, shredded carrots, and finely chopped water chestnuts and cook for about a minute or two, stirring occasionally.
3. Then add the marinaded shrimp to the vegetable mixture and continue to cook until the shrimp is pink on both sides. Take mixture off of the heat.
4. While the shrimp and vegetable mixture is slightly cooling, divide the lettuce heart into leaves and place on plate.
5. Going back to the mixture, dress with Kraft asian toasted sesame salad dressing– more or less depending on your taste.
6. Spoon the dressed mixture down the middle of the lettuce leaves and serve with a fresh lime wedge